Eating well has never been so important as many of us spend most of our time inside. Making sure we continue to eat as well as possible will be key to staying healthy. So, planning out your food and nutrition will still be important.
Here are some of our top tips for how to maintain a healthy diet from home:
- Continue to plan all your meals in advance if you can. Make sure you tick off all your nutritional targets by including a good variety of all the food groups including some good vitamins/minerals
- Even set yourself a challenge to cook at least one freshly prepped meal a day
- Although not food, keep a bottle of water by your side at all times – it is incredible important to stay hydrated, water really is the ultimate health drink. It boosts your performance, helps maintain positive energy levels and cleanses your body of toxins
- If you are working from home, you may have more time to prepare meals so enjoy the process of trying new things and finding what works for you If you want to, continue to build in a cheat meal once a week to give you something to look forward to at the end of the week
- You may be snacking more at home. Make sure you are snacking well – for a good dose of good fats, fruit & protein try apple and cashew nut butter. Nuts are also a great option but only a handful at a time is about right as they are high in calories. For fruit, blueberries are great as they are considered a super fruit packed with antioxidants.
We will be posting more top home training and nutrition tips throughout this week. For more advice, get in touch with our team: [email protected]
To keep up to date on all the latest news from ABS, follow us on Instagram.