Sticking to a nutrition plan can be hard. Very hard in fact. But it is not impossible and taking some simple steps and making some little changes can make all the difference.
We have come up with ‘3 Rules’ to healthy eating. Trying to follow these ‘rules’ should help you to stick to your nutrition plan and this will help you to achieve your goals in the long term.
So, what are the ‘3 rules’?
#1 – SUPPORT STARTS AT HOME
Support from your friends and family is key to your overall success. Try and bring those closest to you on board throughout your programme so they understand your new training and nutrition commitments, allowing them to provide support along the way.
#2 MANAGE YOUR ENVIRONMENT
CONTROL YOUR SHOPPING
- Avoid doing the food shopping when you are hungry. It may sound silly but this can make all the difference.
- Take a pre-prepared shopping list of foods and ingredients you will need for the week. This will prevent you going off track.
- If you are going to buy ‘treats’ then make sure they are reserved for your off plan days and not bought as a daily staple.
- Try and clear the house out of too much that could be considered as ‘bad food’. This will help when you have cravings. If the supply of ‘cheat’ food is limited then this will force you into sticking to your meal plan.
- For clients whose goals are fat/weight loss, there will come times when you have to push through the hunger. The first couple of weeks can be hard as your body adjusts.
- Here are some tips to help:
- brush your teeth when you get hungry
- drink a large glass of water
- drink a large glass of fluid during your meal
- do a small abs workout.
- At work always have a bottle of water at your desk with you.
- At home don’t buy bad food in. If it is not there you cannot eat it.
Remember why you have taken the decision to follow a new healthy eating plan and what goals you have set yourself.
Your new regime can be hard to adjust to. For a matter of months you are placing stricter conditions on your diet and some days this can be hard to stick to. Keeping in mind why you started and the end results you are going to achieve will help you to motivate yourself.
Try and give these rules a go and see how you get on. For more advice on how to follow and nutrition or training plan, feel free to get in touch with our team any time.