One of the most frequent requests from female clients on our six week transformation programme is to build their glutes and create a pert bum!
The team of personal trainers working out of ABS gyms have come up with their favourite tips to help build that peach.
- Activation work pre workout. Get your glutes firing properly before you train is key to the muscle growing properly.
- SQUEEZE! Squeeze it like it owes you money! You need to create a great mind muscle connection when training your glutes and focus on contracting the muscle as hard as you can through the exercises.
- Start light and high reps. Practice points one and two and master them. Then start to increase the weights.
- Try adding pauses to the exercises in the contracted position. IE the top of a hip thrust, add a 1-2 second pause each rep.
- Don’t forget single leg exercises. Especially single leg hip thrusts.
- Squat low! Half squats aren’t going to cut it, squatting low with good technique is going to activate your glutes a lot more.
3 sets. No rest
A1. Single leg glute kickbacks x10 each leg
A2. Banded side steps x 10 steps each way
4 sets. 12-15 reps each exercise. 60s rest at the end of each circuit
B1. Walking lunges
B2. Barbell incline hip thrust
B3. Cable pull through
B4. Reverse hyper
The finisher. 3 sets. 10 reps each leg. 30 seconds rest after each circuit
C2. Decline single leg hip thrusts
Generally this workout will be added onto a cardio day for our personal trainers.
If you are interested in finding out more about our personal training programmes and six week transformation email [email protected]
To learn more about our services please click here.
ABS has three gyms across the North West. For more information on each, click below.