A common exercise, but one that can be easy to get wrong and then you will not be targeting the right muscles.
How to do a push up properly…
- Starting with your hands; they need to be slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Your shoulders should be over your hands, so check your positioning
- When you begin to drop, slowly lower your chest to the floor
- On the way down, keep your abs and glutes tight – don’t go loose
- Burst back up and repeat.
This is a great exercise that can be done without equipment at home or even in the gym if you build it into your sessions.
If you’d like more advice on performing this exercise, let you know: [email protected]
ABS has three gyms across the North West. For more information on each, click below.
For all the lastest news and offers from ABS, follow us on Instagram.