Gyms across the UK are planning to reopen on 25th July after a four-month closure. Many people are asking how safe it will be to return once they reopen.
At ABS, we will be reopening all our personal training gyms in Manchester and Liverpool. We have spent the past several weeks working hard to prepare our gym spaces so that clients can return in the safest possible way.
It is understandable that there are concerns about training indoors but the measures we have taken will mean that our gyms will be safe places to train in. Personal trainers working out of our gyms across Liverpool and Manchester have all been trained in our new procedures and everyone will be working hard to keep each facility hygienic and safe for clients. So, what is new?
New measures in place at ABS:
- We have installed sanitising stations, both at the entrance and spread around the gym
- We will have daily visitor and staff temperature checks upon arrival.
- All staff will have the correct PPE provisions including masks, face shields, and gloves. These are all available for clients too but not required.
- Cleaning regimes throughout the facilities have been increased, and there’s the addition of readily available equipment disinfectant sprays.
- After every session, all equipment used will be completely sanitised by our trainers.
- Changing room and kitchen facilities will be closed and we recommend clients come in training clothes with a bottle of water.
- Personal trainers will practice social-distancing and eliminate any physical contact during sessions.
What we expect from clients:
- If a client is sick, has a fever, a cough, shortness of breath or even just feel a little run down we would recommend them to cancel their session.
- If any members of their household are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms they should cancel their session.
- Limit personal belongings brought into the facility.
- Only enter facility a maximum of two minutes before scheduled appointment time. If travelling by car, they should wait in their car until the appointment start time.
- Clients will be required to wash their hands before a session.
In addition to the above, each of our gyms will be decontaminated with fog spray every week to ensure maximum cleanliness for our clients.
We understand that these measures may be hard to adapt to but by doing so we can all help to keep the gyms as hygienic and safe as possible for all.
We thank all our clients for all your support, and we look forward to seeing you all back in the gym very soon.
If you have any concerns about returning to the gym, feel free to get in contact with our team at any time to have a chat about all that we have and are still doing to prepare for our reopening.