Check out our Liverpool personal trainer James’ top tips for performing the perfect Trap Bar Deadlift.
So, the Trap Bar A great go-to exercise for a full body workout in a single exercise! Follow these simple tips to ensure you are getting the most out of your lifts…
– Keep your spine neutral i.e. keep a straight back
– Position your hands like hooks around the trap bar
– Keep your lats engaged
– On the way up, push the floor away
– Squeeze your glutes and drive hips through at the top but avoid excessive lumbar extension
– Maintain a slow and controlled tempo on the way down
Give it a go but take your time. It can be a hard exercise to perfect so take it easy and ensure you get your form right so you are targeting the right muscles.
For more tips or advice, get in contact with us: [email protected]
ABS has three gyms across the North West. For more information on each, click below.
For all the lastest news and offers from ABS, follow us on Instagram.